Telecoms.com (an Informa Telecoms & Media business) reports that research firms Ovum and Informa Telecoms and Media (ITM) are to merge under the Ovum brand. Not an M&A, strictly speaking, as the parent company Inform owns both the ITM and Ovum businesses already. More of a re-structure and re-brand.
Steve Hotham, current MD of Ovum, will become CEO of the merged business.
He had this to say about the changes:
Our customers need a research firm with deep insight into each of these markets that can provide a singular, inter-connected view on industry transformation, future trends and the impact on their businesses. By combining Ovum and ITM Research, we are assembling a unique team of readily accessible analysts, offering a comprehensive portfolio of research, data products and consulting services across telecoms, media and IT.
Telecoms.com also reports on the structure of the new business and the products being offered:
- The merger will also create the world’s fourth largest technology analyst house
- The two firms will combine their product portfolios and create 23 new or improved services spanning the telecoms, IT and media sectors
- A state of the art on-line delivery platform will be introduced to enable access to its research
- The businesses will be fully integrated by the end of May 2014
- It will be spread over 23 offices in six continents, employing 275 staff including 180 analysts
Read more about this merger at telecoms.com.